FarmSense - a UCR EPIC Company
FarmSense takes the uncertainty out of pest management for better farming and a brighter future and is poised to be the the next generation of insect monitoring.
The agricultural industry loses more than $220 billion dollars in crop damage each year – all because of insects. It’s time for this to change.
For decades, farmers have been stuck with few options for pest management. Most use sticky traps – a time consuming and inaccurate method -followed by a broadcast spray of selected pesticides and insecticides. Unfortunately, these treatments can also affect beneficial bugs we rely on to pollinate more than 70% of the global crop supply.
FarmSense believes that when leveraging the power of machine learning and computational modeling, lives could be saved, as well as reduce hunger and help developing countries achieve food independence.
Awards and Grants:
- Vodafone Wireless Innovation Award
- Microsoft Corporation
- United States Department of Defense
- University of California, Riverside
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Award
- National Science Foundation Award
- University of California, Davis
- United States Department of Agriculture
- National Institutes of Health
- National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Entrepreneurship World Cup